Sunday, February 5, 2012

Awakened (The Guardian Legacy #1)


Awakened (The Guardian Legacy #1)

Paperback, 272 pages
Published August 22nd 2010 by Pill Hill Press
Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, but Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons. Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware that she's a Guardian-a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. When she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. But Bran has a secret that can ruin their growing relationship, and the truth she discovers may destroy everything she believes in unless she finds the right balance between love and sacrifice.
I have waited so long for this book. My library finally got a physical copy of the book, but still there is the waiting for the book. The library ordered the book around the same time I got my kindle. What can I say I bought the book and I'm happy because I absoloutly loved it. I fell in love with the characters and the story.
Lil is strong and goes through a lot in 272 pages. Like a flower she blooms into her powers all coming in a shocking rush. I personally think she accepted hem way to easily... But we didn't have to listen to her wine to badly about them. That would have irritated me. 
The plot was good and different from other books in this genre. The ending shocked me because I was not expecting that to happen. It ended wonderfully I must say. 
Awesome things about the book. The character list and terms glossary. I'd advice against reading the character list until you've read the book because it gives away the powers everyone in the group have.  The terms list made it a lot easier because I saw something I forgot and I could just look it up.
My favorite line. "Bran you can't just take off your shirt in front f all these students. That was funny and hilarious.  All  the while I was thinking you could at my school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment