Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shadows

Title: Shadows
Author: Emma Miles
Page count: 620
Genre:  
My rating: 4/5
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Published: January 23, 2012
Summary: An orphan in the City of Slums, Tobias dreams of freedom and the stories of his Grandmother; but every fairytale has its darkside and every hero its nemesis. Whilst dreams can come true, so can nightmares. One bright light stands between him and the shadows; Artheiwyn, warrior-scout of a long vanished people. Whilst admired by some she is shunned by others; for no female should learn the magic of the Wind Elves.

My Thoughts: So shadows went really slow for the first 400 pages or so.. It was a good slow though because the characters and plot needed to be set up. If you loved the Eragon books then you’ll love this. I found Shadows a good read. Thanks Emma Miles for letting me read  this. :)

The Review: Lot’s and lot’s of characters, some leave while other stay and join.Tobias of course is one of the main characters of course.He is a little behind to the other characters since he never lived this lifestyle behind locked up in a city. In the end he starts becoming a strong character who I await to see mature even more. Artheiwyn she was one of my favorite characters in the book. She is the female that stands out and fights among her people. I love that even as most people disagree with her choice she fights and stands up for her choice. Ellenion well he is the prince. The Character you really wouldn't think had anything useful about him. In the end my thoughts were higher about him than what I thought they’d be. Then the dragons who doesn’t like dragons?
The setting: Well they were everywhere, never staying in one place for too long. Keeping the scenery fresh and new. The changes of setting was one of the things I liked the most about this book.I believe this helped the characters develop and become easier to understand and accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment