Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chains of Ice

Chains of Ice (The Chosen Ones #3) by Cristina Dodd. 5 out of 5 stars. I have to say I loved this book. One of the random ones of ordered from my library not knowing that it was part of a series. This is the first book I've read by this authors and I gotta say I'm happy I found her. Yeah I know I started the series on the third book, bu the lovely words on the back had me glued to it.
"As a wildlife observer in the untamed mountains, Genny Valente had no idea that a beast more fearsome than any leopard lurked in the forest-a man, one of the Chosen Ones, betrayed by his gift and tormented by his memories. John Powell fled his fate and his duty, yet in Genny he sees his one chance for redemption. He will stalk her, kidnap her, and love her as only a savage can."
Oh yeah I was stuck.  John Powell and Genny Valente are the two main characters in this story. John Powell is known as the Yeti where he lives because he tends to wear animal skins and is really hairy. His past had horrible events happen in it, and that helped case  him go into his isolation.  As Genny puts it he ran away. While Genny is also confused about who she is because she let her father push her around for the last years of her life.  I say the guy was a complete jerk. He talks her into going on a trip because he had  her sign a contract for a loan, so she could go to collage. Now she has to do a favor for the people to have them forget the debt.  Genny goes on the trip with both her heart in it, and the purpose to pay back the debt of course she never knew that she'd fall in love.
Even the bad guys are are well written.  I understood what was going on without giving away that much of the book as I read. There were little hints from events that I think might have happened in the first two books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment