Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Matched

Matched by Allie Condie. Science Fiction, young adult. After a great debate of rater I wanted to give the book 3 stars, 4 star, or 5 star. 4.5/5 star won the round. I got to say I loved the book. the story was quick and easy to slip into. The characters were all well written and they all almost seemed as brainless to the higher authority. Of course we had to have Ky the 'trouble maker' in this story. He gave the book that extra flare that it needed.


I didn't like having to wait to know what the pills did. Having to wait around 50 pages before they told us the uses of the green and blue pill was a little annoying. Waiting for the reasoning of the red pill I was fine with though because it was termed a death pill, but no one really new what it really was for.
I didn't like the ending very much. It was so simple of a way to begin the next book. Really you just happen to have a camp for rebellious teens going by the river needed at the time. Not Likely! I must say. But whatever the events before the ending is what gave the book that extra .5. These future books that talk about how we are controlled in everything we do normally make me mad and annoyed, but for some reason I just have to keep reading them.  I can't wait for Crossed the second book to come out because I must know how Cassia's quest goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment