Sunday, July 24, 2011

One of the Boys


One of the Boys by Karla  Michelle. Young adult fiction, Romance. One of the Boys (Link) is written on Inkpop a website for writers trying to get the chance at being published, or to just share their writing.  One of the Boys is currently ranked at 90 and on 35 pick list. I really don't know why this book isn't more popular then what it is because the story is a quick and awesome read. I give this book 4.5 stars out of 5.
Hannah Mathews the main character of this story. She's just a normal senior in high school, but with a twist. She wants to be a football player as well. Of course most people *cough-cough* (the boys) don't agree with her. Fighting not only with her team mates, but even her twin brother. But Hannah doesn't give. Having a strong personality and a will strong as iron keeps her going. Even when her oh so lovely team mates pull some mean pranks on her. It took me a little while to figure out who Hannah was going to fall in love with, but when I figured it out I knew they be a good couple. They are both alike and although (like all relationships) they can't have a smooth relationship without a few bumps in the road, and some rather bad bumps at that. 
Taking place mainly in the school, field, and Hannah's home. The settings are all very comfortable and easy to go with. When I was reading I could see the stand and all the people cheering when they came out on to the foot ball field. 
I have to say I normally am not a big fan of books like this, and I was a little weary at reading this. To my shock I loved it and was a sad when it ended. The ending was a little abrupt though, and that was really my only problem with the story. 
Now I have to say. "I love this book! A must read for people who love this genre."


No comments:

Post a Comment