Monday, March 26, 2012

Breathless

Title: Breathless (The Blue Fire Saga #1)
Author:  Scott PrussingReleased date: March 25, 2011
Page count: 254

Genre: Young adult, romance.
My rating: 4/5 stars
Publisher: Who Know

Summery:
 College freshman Leesa Nyland has been fascinated by vampires since she was three years old. That’s when her mom started acting weird, refusing to go outside during the day and insisting the sunlight hurt her skin because she had been bitten by a one-fanged vampire… 

But fascinated doesn’t mean Leesa believes—any more than she believes in blue fire, people who live for centuries, and kisses that can kill. When her beloved older brother suddenly disappears, she is forced to confront all these and more.

My Thought:  So I wasn't to sure on  this when I started reading it. I had some doubts on rather or not I wanted to read this, but I saw a couple reviews for it so I begin reading it. ;)
It was slow for the first 20% of the book and that almost pushed me away, but I was intrigued enough to see what was happening. The questions of where is he, what is he, does she has vampire blood.
I liked the story well enough. You can tell by my rating.

The Review: So the characters were definitely not flat. They all had character and background. He doesn't leave us needing very much info by the end because he explains a lot of it quickly and easy. Lot's us describing words  - I could see what every one was wearing, could see where they were at, felt what they felt.  Didn't go overboard on the descriptions like some books.  
The plot of the story was different and I can't say I've heard of fire using vampire slayers as they are termed in the book.  The power of the fire and it's dangerous was another unique aspect. 
Would I read the second? HECK YEAH! :D

Where to find him:
Facebook;link
Facebook;Another link
Goodreads; LINK!

Where to buy it;
Amazon;link


No comments:

Post a Comment