Friday, April 6, 2012

Gracen Miller Interview

Again another amazing author doing a interview.  Don't forget to check out Gracen Miller's books. I personally love her books and writing style.


Where to find her:
Facebook:Click
Facebook Page:Another Click
Amazon:CLICK!


When did you first learn that you wanted to be a writer. Was it just a natural instinct or did you find it later in life.
GM: My sixth grade English teacher gave us a writing assignment for homework. I believe it was a natural instinct and I’ve been hooked on creating worlds ever since. Getting to know the characters, feeling all their emotions and falling in love with them, while having control of their lives…what a god complex! Writing is addictive and while others read as a release from real-world worries, I write to escape reality.

Are you a big reader? If so do you think that had anything to do with becoming a author
GM: Huge reader, but no, reading had nothing to do with my love of writing. I wasn’t much of a reader until my grandmother gave me a romance book at the age of 13. That’s when I became a huge reader. I was writing at the age of 11.


Which of your books was the easiest/hardest to write?GM: Hardest book was Pandora’s Box because I was world building. Easiest book was Hell’s Phoenix because there was no more world and all storyline. 


Which of your characters is your favourite?GM: I’d have to say Madison because she’s a mother just like I am, so I can relate to her with ease.


What were the challenges in bringing your book to life?GM: Crafting a new ideology of Hell and Biblical principles, while creating new and different paranormal creatures.


What was the hardest part of writing your book?GM: Finding the time to write. I’m the mother of a very active, but young family, so making the time to write can sometimes be difficult.


What inspired you to write your first book?GM: Road to Hell was spawned from a nightmare where a demon/ghost was gunning for my kids. After I woke up and began to realize it was just a dream, I got to thinking…the worst nightmare any parent can endure is when their child is harmed or endangered and there’s nothing we can do about it, but only watch it happen. I experienced this in real life when my eldest started having grand mal seizures. The absolute helplessness of being able to do nothing is crushing. I felt like a failure for years—which is crazy—but that’s what mom’s do, we worry and blame ourselves even when we shouldn’t.
But the nightmare got me to thinking “what if” it was something paranormal and not medical affecting her child? How would she deal with one crisis after another, realizing there is nothing she can do to change what he comes from within? To what lengths would she go to save her child? And that was the inspiration behind the Road to Hell series.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this interview because I can relate to doing anything to protect my children. My youngest 13, has asthma and ezeama. I know that couldn't compare to siezers but I get so scared when he has an attack plus a couple yrs ago a family in our town lost a child to an asthma attack...now every time lucas has an attack that's what I think about...so I can totally relate to Madison too Gracen. Your characters just reach out and grab ahold of the reader, leaving us addicted to each character. The storyline is stronge and uquine making us beg for more...it will be a sad day for me when the last book in this breaathtaking series in released.
    Thank you for this amazing world you have created Gracen...look forward to reading alot more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me here, Laura!

    Dawn, luckily my son outgrew his seizures, but for a while he was diagnosed with asthma, as well. He outgrew that, too. I understand your fear. I always worried with the seizures. What if the next one hit and it lasted too long? He held his breath with every one and his lips always turned blue. Scariest thing I've ever had to watch. And as mothers, we never stop worrying. I'm sending out positive vibes that your baby will stay asthma attack free!

    Huggles,
    Gracen

    ReplyDelete