Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reign of Blood ARC

Title: Reign of Blood ARC
Author: Alexia Purdy
Page count or Words Count:  ...
Genre: vampires-hybrids, post-apocalyptic, vampire
My rating: 5/5
Publisher:  ...
Published:  April 29, 2012.

Summary:"Never tease anything that wants to eat you. I am April Tate and my blood is the new gold. Vampires and hybrids over run my world, once vibrant with life, now a graveyard of death shrouded in shadows. I fight to survive, I fight for my mother and brother. The journey is full of turns that I am quite unprepared for. I'm just hoping to make it to the next sunrise..."
In the post-apocalyptic world, after a viral epidemic has wiped out most of the earth’s population, leaving few humans, feral vampires and a hybrid type of vampire that defies all definitions of what being human and what being vampire is. April is a seventeen year old girl who lives in this world one year after the event. She has become a ferocious vampire hunter and killer and comes upon these hybrid vampires one day in search of her mother and younger brother. Unsure who she can trust, she finds that her new ideals of the world are not as black and white as she thought. Bending the rules to find her family will either save them all or destroy everything.

My Thoughts:
Soooo First. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! The whole zombie apocalypse theme was amazing. Sure there are movies and graphic novels but not many zombie books that I can find. Let me say getting a ARC of this was a big find. :) The characters and story were easy to fall in love with, to understand how their mind worked.
The review:
April she was well, strong, independent, and knew the right time to cry. Wasn’t too winy. Jeremy wasn’t in the story very much, but in the short time we see him, we learn how strong he is for a young boy. (I admit he was one of my favorite characters. Not weird I swear. ;) ) And her Mate well he kinda annoys the crap out me half the time, the other half he was prince charming.
For a good part of the book it was just April, alone, awkward. Once she met the “good people” more story and personality came forward. Everything set up to a breaking point and once that happened. STUNNED! LOST!

Where to Find her;
Facebook:link
Facebook Page:link
Goodreads: link

No comments:

Post a Comment